Sunday, January 6, 2013

Converted Custom IG Manticore




Well, I finally did it. I converted/kitbashed a model for the very first time, and I LOVE the results. I know there may be a few more rivets to add (hey, it is a GW model), but overall Im very happy with the turnout. This all started when I decided that my 1850 list needed some better horde killing potential, and I was wondering if I could use one of my chimera chasis which is collecting dust on the shelf to build a Manticore. I didnt want to drop another 50$ on a Manticore when I had the potential to make my own given I had the heart of the model already. So, I began to tinker yesterday, and determined that I would be able to use the chimera dozer blade bracket as the missile bracket holding them upright... After a quick run to the local hobby shop to pick up some pvc/plasticard, this was what I came up with. I added a counter weight to the front of the chimera with another dozer blade bracket, dropped the multi-laser on the turret, and added the missile platform which is made out of several pvc parts, the dozer blade bracket, and  GW pieces to add that flare seen on IG models...